Barcelona is a stunning city that captivates and enchants anybody who comes to visit. The Mediterranean city offers all the elements necessary for a relaxing vacation in the sun.
It provides a breezy seashore with beaches to relax on, whimsical Antoni Gaudi architecture to admire, and the enthusiasm of FC Barcelona to get high on!
The city’s culture and tradition, which dates back 5000 years, maybe observed in the museums and monuments of the city. Its art is adored at the Picasso and Miro museums, and its food is cherished in the tiny cafés and restaurants that dot the city.
The most convenient method to see everything that Barcelona offers is to purchase one of the city passes. While there are many various types of Barcelona museum passports available, the three most popular and cost-effective are the Barcelona City Card, the iVenture Flexi Pass, and the Articket 6 Museum Pass (all available for purchase online).
In addition to Skip the Line entry, these city tickets include access to free public transportation as well as discounts at more than 85 sites across the city. You can save up to 50% on your sightseeing expenses if you take advantage of all of these additional perks. In this article, we will dive into three of the most popular Barcelona Museum Passports and detail their benefits and exceptions.
Barcelona Museum Passports
Barcelona City Card
Barcelona is a must-see location for tourists. With the Mediterranean Sea on one side, the city is an excellent location for adventure, cuisine, and fun-filled trip. The Barcelona City Card is the most convenient method to discover the city’s attractions. It includes free admission to over 85 sites and more than 50% price discounts at some of the city’s greatest museums.
Additionally, the pass includes free transportation across the city and discounts at a variety of entertainment venues, bars, and restaurants, as well as walking tours and excursions.
Where Can You Purchase the Barcelona City Card?
You can purchase the Barcelona City Card online, redeem it at Tourist Information Office in Barcelona, and gain access to around 85 + museums and attractions.
Best Attractions Provided in the Barcelona City Card
1. Palau Guell
2. Picasso Museum
3. Museu de la Xocolata
4. Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
5. Casa Mila
6. Casa Batllo
7. Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona (MACBA)
10. Maritime Museum Barcelona
11. Museu del Disseny
12. Museum of European Art (MEAM)
13. Casa Vicens
14. Museu del Perfum
15. Fundació Joan Miró
16. Fundació Antoni Tàpies
17. Palau Guell
18. Sant Pau Recinte Modernista
19. Joan Antoni Samaranch
20. Gaudi Exhibition Centre
iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass
Other European cities can’t compare to the buzzing vitality that envelops Barcelona. Museums and monuments are only a tiny part of the city’s attractions. The iVenture Flexi Pass is an ode to the city, featuring just the most meaningful activities and sights to see.
The iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass gives you access to 35 of the city’s top excursions and activities. It comprises the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, and the FC Barcelona Museum, which all of these sites attract around 4.5 million people a year.
Where Can You Purchase the Venture Barcelona Flexi Pass?
Purchase the iVenture Flexi Pass and get it at the Julia Travel office. Present the pass at the designated locations to gain entry.
Included Experiences in the iVenture Barcelona Flexi Pass
- Skip the line entry to Casa Battlo
- Skip the line entry to Girona Game of Thrones
- Entry to Barcelona Artistic: Best of Gaudi
- Barcelona Highlights
- Show + Drink at Palacio del Flamenco
- Skip the line entry to Sagrada Família
- Skip the line entry to FC Barcelona
- One-day motorbike rent at Cooltra Motorbikes
- One day ticket to Barcelona City Tour
- One day ticket to Barcelona Bus Turístic
- Skip the line entry to Poble Espanyol
- Entry and wine drink at Colom View Point
- Barcelona Highlights
- Opera Santana
- Montserrat Morning Tour
- Skip the line entry to Gaudí Park Güell
- Entry, tasting, and drink at Jamón Experience
- Skip the line entry to La Pedrera Gaudí
- Transportation and VIP savings card at La Roca Village Shopping Express
- Guided tour, sword fighting exhibition, and cava and snacks at Palau Requesens.
- Entry ticket to Egyptian Museum
- Menu paella and glass of sangria at Non-Solo Brasas Restaurant
- Free menu burger, fries, and drink at La Burguesa Restaurant
- Txapela Restaurant
- Ticket to Port Aventura
- Entrance and audioguide at Casa de Les Punxes
- Entry to Gaudí Exhibition Center
- Entry to L’Aquarium Barcelona
- Skip the line entry and 4D experiences to Gaudí Experience
- 40-minute cruise at Boat tour Las Golondrinas
- Skip the line entry at MACBA Museum
- Skip the line entry at MNAC Museum
- Skip the line entry plus audio guide to Gaudí Torre Bellesguard
- Entry to Gaudi’s crypt, Colonia Guell’s map, and audioguide to La Colonia Güell
- Towers, terraces, and galleries guided tour at Basilica Santa Maria del Mar
In addition to this huge list, you can also visit free attractions, including:
1. La Rambla View Point
2. Moritz Brewery
Articket: 6 Museum Pass
Barcelona is a city that feeds off of culture and art. With the works of Gaudi spread across Barcelona, the entire city feels enliven with exquisite art and architecture.
With more than 30 museums, the city provides a home for every type of art imaginable. Six of Barcelona’s most famous museums are included in the Articket: 6 Museum Pass, which offers free admission and Skip the Line access. More than a million people come to the museums to view the permanent and temporary collections on display every year.
Picasso, Joan Miro, and Antoni Tapies are among the masters whose work is exhibited in the museums. It also has works of art from several periods and genres, including Romanesque, Baroque, Renaissance, and Modern Art.
The Articket: 6 Museum Pass is valid for one year from the purchase date. Purchase the museum pass online, and you can redeem it at any of the six museums for a physical pass called the ‘Art Passport.’
You will receive a red passport upon arrival, and the museum will stamp the book. It’s an excellent value for money pass, especially since you get to avoid the long queue at some of Barcelona’s most famous museums.
Where Can You Purchase the Articket Museum Pass?
Purchase the Articket 6 Museum Pass and exchange it for the Barcelona Art Passport to obtain admission to the city’s most excellent museums.
Included Museums in The Articket Museum Pass
1. Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
2. Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA)
3. Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
4. Fundació Antoni Tàpies
What convenience do these Barcelona cards provide?
If you’re going anywhere for the first time, you’ll need a lot of time and money to prepare and budget. Travelers are always on the lookout for means to stretch their money farther when on a trip. Besides saving money, a city pass may also save you time and effort. Using Barcelona cards has several advantages, here are some of them.
The savings you get is a real bonus. You can save lots of money on attractions, travel, meals, and shopping with a Barcelona card. These modest savings add up to a significant reduction in your touring budget, allowing you to spend more money and time enjoying yourself and relaxing.
A city pass saves you time, effort, and stress. With so many attractions to see in Barcelona, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the prospect of spending limited time in the city.
A Barcelona card will give you enough time to enjoy all of your top choices without feeling too rushed or stressed out. It’s much easier to find time for only the most important sights with a card than it is to decide where to go when you’re without one.
Also, if you’re traveling on your own, it might be great to have someone else do some of the planning for you. If you’re visiting with kids or a group of people, it’s less work for the person who is coordinating everything (which is probably you).
A pass means that you’ll know exactly what you’re getting into before you leave home. You can check out the attractions included in your pass ahead of time, so you know exactly what you’re getting for your money.
You can avoid all of the lines and crowds you would otherwise have to face if you show up at the ticket booth. When tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, there’s no way to know whether they’ll still have tickets available when you arrive. If they’ve run out of tickets, it will take longer to get into the attraction than if you had ordered your ticket ahead of time. A Barcelona card eliminates these uncertainties and inconveniences for good.
If you have a Barcelona card, you don’t have to stand in line to buy tickets one-by-one. Just show up, flash your card and hop right in.
Peace of Mind
It’s not always easy to plan, especially regarding travel plans made well in advance. You can rest easy with a Barcelona card because you know exactly what you’re getting when purchasing it. If something changes, even just a minor detail like the date of your trip, you’ll be covered by your cancellation policy and ticket replacement policy.
What are some helpful tips for making the most of these passes?
- The Barcelona City Card is valid for 72, 96, or 120 hours, depending on the city pass you buy, so you won’t have to worry about missing out on any of the city’s attractions because of a calendar day. Although the iVenture Barcelona card is good for seven calendar days and the Articket Pass is valid for one year, it is essential to keep the expiration dates in mind and make full use of the pass during that time.
- Make sure to prioritize the most expensive attractions on Pass days. Some attractions like the Sagrada Familia are not included for free, but you can visit them for free on non-pass days in the city.
- Don’t forget to schedule your travel arrangements ahead of time! Booking in advance is essential for attractions like Museu Picasso. You don’t want to get disappointed on your trip there knowing it’s already full.
- Most museums provide free admission after 3 p.m. on Sundays, so avoid going during those hours because these places can be really crowded.
- Make full use of the tour map and make a thorough game plan for your visit. The city is brimming with attractions such as Gaudi’s works that aren’t even considered tourist destinations! Spend some time making a list of the sites you must see.
The Barcelona museum passport offers visitors the most bang for their buck. If you’re looking to hit the top attractions, save some time and skip the line, or want to access museums without having to worry about tickets, then the Barcelona Museum Pass is your ticket.
The Barcelona Card is the best option if you are looking for a solid offer. It’s excellent value for money, and you get to experience plenty of great Barcelona attractions. You can save some time on your trip by paying less for tickets while also accessing less public and more exclusive museums and galleries.
We hope this guide helps you to get the most out of your Barcelona passes! Check out the following guides for more helpful information on Barcelona.