Showing all 2 results
|Languages:||Duration: 4h30||Rating: New|
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.You will go up to Montserrat with the Cog – Wheel Train, which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The train is air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery’s Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
- Montserrat mountain is special for its rocks shape that remind of a human and animal appearance.
- The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta (the Black Virgin), which is the patron saint of Catalonia.
- L’Escolania, the children’s choir, takes part in the sanctuary prayers with sacred music.
- Breathtaking views of this natural park and towns around are enjoyed from the mountain.
- Multilingual Official Guide.
- Transport by Air-Conditioned Coach.
- Cog-Wheel Train.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery.
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
Showing all 2 results