Barcelona’s City Pass is an affordable way to access the best of Barcelona attractions. You can cut down on travel time and attraction queues with this fast pass that offers you around 85 museums and attractions.
The City Pass also offers discounts at some of the city’s best restaurants as well as savings on Hotel H2O Barcelona. All your money goes to one card, so you won’t need cash while exploring the city because everything is paid for before you go!
This pass helps bring more tourists to Barcelona by giving them access to all the attractions they want, plus plenty more.
What Is Barcelona City Pass?
Barcelona City Pass provides you with the opportunity to explore Barcelona in-depth and get the most out of your holiday in Spain’s second-largest city. Whether you’re travelling with friends, family or your partner, this pass will provide you with the chance to see the best of what this city has to offer.
The bundle includes tickets for certain attractions and transport that is valid within a specific period. In addition, it includes entrances into museums such as Picasso Museum, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya, and MACBA, where you can see magnificent Gaudi masterpieces, as well as discounted visits to other iconic sites.
You can purchase a 3-day pass, 4-day pass, and 5-day pass.
How to Use Barcelona City Pass?
The only thing that is easier in purchasing a Barcelona City Pass is actually using it. To skip lines, all you need to do is bring out your smartphone that has access to your email, and the staff will handle all the rest.
To take advantage of special deals in the city like the Hola Transit Pass and other offerings, you must buy your tickets through TicketBar.
Top Places Included With the Barcelona City Pass
Entry to La Pedrera Museum
Gaudi’s masterpiece called “the cathedral of iron” by some is one of the most frequently visited museums in Spain, with over 2 million visitors per year.
Gaudi’s masterpiece is still being built. It will be the tallest building in all of Barcelona, and one of the tallest in Europe, when it FINALLY gets completed.
Entry to Park Guell
This park was designed by Antoni Gaudi and was once private property but is now open to the public for visits free of charge (you still need to queue).
Entrance to Casa Batllo Museum
This is another of Gaudi’s masterpieces and can be considered one of the biggest and most recognizable cultural buildings from all over Spain.
Entrance to Museo Picasso
Even another spectacular building that was designed by master artist Gaudi. It holds some of the greatest’s art pieces from his colleague.
Hop-on / Hop-off bus
This free bus gives you the chance to see the city in a completely different way. You can enjoy panoramic views or sit down in one of the areas designated for this purpose. The Hop-on / Hop-off bus is available from 9:00 am to midnight, 7 days a week.
More Top Attractions in The Barcelona City Pass
The following is a list of museums and attractions that are free of entry. Take note that we didn’t list all the free things you can go to.
- Casa Mila
- Casa Batllo
- Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona (MACBA)
- Maritime Museum Barcelona
- Museu del Disseny
- Palau Guell
- Sant Pau Recinte Modernista
- Joan Antoni Samaranch
- Picasso Museum
- Gaudi Exhibition Centre
- Museum of European Art (MEAM)
- Casa Vicens
- Museu del Perfum
- Fundació Joan Miró
- Fundació Antoni Tàpies
- Museu de la Xocolata
- Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
Advantages of Acquiring Barcelona City Pass
A trip, especially overseas or once in a lifetime trips abroad, require planning and budgeting. Most visitors like making the most of their travel funds so that they may splurge on a few additional treats and mementoes while on their travels. A city pass is the most cost-effective method to save money while also saving time and energy.
Here are some convenience factors that a Barcelona City Pass brings.
Barcelona passes provide discounts of more than 30% on the cost of tickets, whilst most travel cards offer savings of somewhere between 20% to 50% on the price of tickets. In addition, you will receive free admission or extra discounts on entrance tickets, shopping, and activities. All of these savings may add up to a significant reduction in your travel budget, allowing to give yourself more time enjoying and relaxing.
You can easily buy a Barcelona City Pass and quickly redeem it in the city upon your arrival. The redemption centre is marked on the purchase receipt and not too hard to locate in the city. Furthermore, this card is valid for several days, and you don’t have to worry about finding a ticket booth in every location or waiting in line wherever you go. To get access, all you have to do is show your card at the entrance.
Time is money, and the Barcelona City Pass enables you to save both. With this convenient travel card, you can skip long lines at popular tourist attractions. You can also take the convenient Hop-On Hop-Off Bus to get around Barcelona easily and without getting lost in a maze of directions. The city passes also include guide maps, which will assist you in better planning your trip and ensuring that you make the most of your time while in the city.
Flexibility to Choose
The travel cards provide access to several different attractions. The Barcelona Pass, for example, offers over 85 various attractions to choose from, while the iVenture Pass offers a total of 35 different experiences and activities to choose from! This allows you to choose the attractions you want to see while still receiving the exact cost and time savings.
All of the features of the Barcelona City Pass are combined into one package. In addition to the ticket, you will receive discount vouchers for shops and different attractions across the city, as well as a tour map. Unfortunately, when purchasing individual tickets, you will not be able to take advantage of these additional discounts.
Valuable Tips for Using Barcelona City Pass
- The Barcelona City Card is valid for a full 72, 96, or 120 hours, depending on the pass you purchase, so you won’t have to worry about missing out on any of the city’s attractions on calendar days.
- Ensure you prioritize high-value attractions to make the best out of your Barcelona City Pass.
- Most museums provide free admission after 3 pm on Sundays, so avoid going during those hours because the place will be full of visitors.
- Make use of the tour map and make a thorough strategy for your visit. The city is brimming with attractions such as Gaudi works that aren’t even considered tourist destinations! Invest some time making a list of the locations you must see.
- July, August, and September in the city may be extremely sunny and humid. Ensure you wear clothing that is light and comfortable, as well as protective summer gear and accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions on Barcelona City Pass
- Which tourist sites can you skip the line to? You can skip the line at all tourist highlights, including Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, and Hop on Hop off Bus, and Aerobus.
- What transfers are included in the BCN City Pass? You have three options for transfer: (1) You’ll have a two-way ticket from Barcelona airport and Aerobus. (2) One-way ticket from Girona airport. (3) You can also choose Teleferic Montjuïc or Barcelona Cable Car.
- What date to select in the BCN City Pass? The date you need to select in the BCN City Pass is your arrival date.
- Are kids under 4 years old also need a city pass? You can bring your kid under 4 years old, and they don’t need a ticket.
- What to do if I haven’t received my tickets or any confirmation? If you have not received your tickets upon purchase, check your spam. If you did not get them in your SPAM folder, it is likely that you have not yet filled out your availability. Once you’re done filling it up, you will receive your tickets in your email.
- Does the BCN City Pass get you free access to public transportation? No, BCN City Pass doesn’t get you free access to public transportation. The Hop on Hop off Bus is a convenient and enjoyable way to experience the city’s sights. When you decide to add the Hola Transport Card to your Barcelona City Pass, you can use your 10 percent discount code to purchase the tickets after making your reservation for the pass. The Hola Transport Card may be used directly at the metro station, so you don’t need to worry about printing your tickets in advance of your trip. Check this link for more information.
Hopefully this article helps you to have a great time in Barcelona while spending less money. Let me continue to inspire your adventurous spirit and rekindle your adventurous spirit. Here are a few of our favorite travel guides.
- Plan Your Perfect Barcelona City Tour Bus Escape with Our Ultimate Guide
- Barcelona Bus Turístic: An Official City Tour That Gives You an Immersive Sightseeing Experience
- FC Barcelona Tickets: A Complete Guide to Everything You Need to Know