Montserrat Morning Tour
Montserrat is gorgeous! On this morning tour from Barcelona our comfortable bus takes you right up the mountain to the city. Breathtaking panoramic views and the Royal Basilica of Montserrat with the patron saint of Catalonia are waiting for you!
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus towards the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically up to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). Montserrat is a multi-peaked rocky range formed of sedimentary rocks shaped by the wind and rain. The popular imagination has seen human and animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery’s Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending the pilgrim needs, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and to taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
The Escolanía of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe (XIV Century). On some days the children’s choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to enjoy one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
What is included?
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Official multilingual guide
- Tasting of 4 different typical liquors
- Entrance into the new audiovisual space
- See the most famous points of interest on the mountain, like the Basilica of Montserrat and the Benedectin Monastery (Black Madonna)
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email.
- Show it at the meeting point at Carrer Balmes (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!