Prices & Options
|Children (4-12 years)||71,00€|
Begin the journey from Barcelona in a comfortable bus to the famous Torres Wine Cellars, in the heart of Penedés, where you will discover and experience the fascinating world of the wine through your senses.
The visit begins with an audiovisual introduction to the history of Torres family and their wineries, from their beginnings to the present.
Then boarding on a small train we will visit the vineyards of the state Mas La Plana and know more closely the features and installations of Penedés wineries.
We will continued with a multisensory experience an exciting journey into the Middle Ages as we learn the best kept secrets of the winemaking process since its origins and see the aging barrels of the best wines of state. The experience concludes with a wine tasting of two wines.
After Torres wineries we will drive to Montserrat Mountains which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms.
The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins.
This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna).
You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery’s Royal Basilica.
The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given 3 hours of free time to get lunch (not included) and enjoy by your own the multiple options that this privileged place offers: audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and taste typical liquors of Montserrat, handmade by the monks of the monastery (both activities are included). Also you can visit the Museum (not included), go into Santa Cova Funicular (not included) or just walk along the trails of the mountain and enjoy spectaculars views…
The Escolania of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys choirs in Europe (XIV century). On some days the children’s choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
At the appointed time you will meet with the guide again to depart for Sitges, without a doubt one of the most beautiful villages of the Barcelona coast. This sailor village is one of the favorite destinations of the tourists that visit Catalunya.
Its micro climate, picturesque old town center with its narrow streets, beautiful beaches , a vibrant cultural live, good food, nice and unique shops turn Sitges into the favourite destination to relax and enjoy the rest of our tour at the Mediterranean coast. You will definitely want to visit Sitges.
You will visit its streets with our guide who will explain you the route originating in Sitges “Indianos” who went to America in search of a better life.
After the guided tour you will be free to continue discovering the corners of the city weather, magnificent beaches or go shopping in the quaint shops of the old town.
What is included?
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide Entrance and guided visit in Torres Wine Cellars.
- Tasting of two glasses of wine. Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
- Guided walking tour in Sitges.
- This tour is bilingüal in English and Spanish.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email. (Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Show it at the meeting point at Carrer Balmes (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!