Come & join this delightful Tapas Tour. Give your regular dinner an extra twist and get to eat out at 3 different restaurants on this tour.
For those of you unfamiliar with the term “tapas”, the word refers to the small size of the dishes that the locals order to share. And just like the locals you’ll be sharing these mouthwatering morsels miles away from the tourist traps around Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter, in the trendy yet still traditional district of Sant Antoni.
Eating tapas is meant to be fun and informal, and in the company of our local food expert you’ll visit three independent venues which we have handpicked (as we absolutely love them!) and sample some of the specialties of the house. We’ll help select for you a mix of “must try” classics like the simple spicy bombas, tasty pimientos de padron fried in salt and olive oil, Catalan butifarra sausage with marmalade sauce, Galician oysters and patatas with fried egg and morcilla (blood pudding), as well as more modern offerings – after all Barcelona’s food scene is constantly evolving!
One of our venues is a specialist vermouth bar, so for drinks we’ll also enjoy a homemade version of this classic apertif (which is currently very en vogue in Catalonia), another is a bodega from the 1950s with a tempting array of local wines on offer; and of course if you prefer a local or craft beer that’s no problem at all. For those who love bubbly they’ll be a chance to try a glass of the region’s famous Cava wine, a sparkling white made using the Champagne method (and every bit as good as its French cousin).
Hopping between these authentic venues will also give us a chance to call by some of the most scenic spots in Gracia, such as the Placa del Diamant (famous for inspiring the novel “On Diamond Square” by Merce Rodoreda) and Placa de la Revolucion with its iconic clock tower. Our guide will also be able to chat to you about the history of the district, and about Barcelona in general as you learn about the city via its deservedly famous gastronomic delights.
We prefer to run this activity in small groups, of maximum 8 people, to create a more personal experience.
If you can’t make our regular Saturday departure, then we also offer private departures for €85 pp, min. 2 people. This could be any day of the week, lunch time or evening. Please email us on [email protected] to check guide availability.
What is included?
- Visit three of the best tapas bars in Barcelona
- Taste two or three different dishes in each venue (you won’t need dinner afterwards!).
- One drink in every bar, usually homemade vermouth, Cava (aka Catalan champagne) or local beers/wine (or a soft drink if you prefer).
- Expert local guide
- A tour of the district of Sant Antoni, including some of its most beautiful squares.
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email. (Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Show it at the meeting point (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!