Get ready to enjoy a unique experience in Montserrat, a mountain filled with mysticism and beauty that will surprise you as soon as you arrive.
In this day trip you will discover each and every corner of Montserrat, even those normally closed to the public, such as the Sacristy. You will see the Black Madonna from a close up, have ample time to enjoy the views and at the end, listen to the prayer of the Vespres, sung by the Boys’ Choir Escolania. The day tour will give you the complete experience of Montserrat.
Your guide will reveal the stories and legends hidden throughout the Montserrat Natural Park, and will take you along each and every corner of the Sanctuary, even those normally closed to the public, like the Sacristy.
We will all meet at 11:45 am at plaça Catalunya and will set out to Montserrat at noon. The first you will see is the serrated skyline of this extraordinary mountain, drive up the mountain and enjoy the wonderful panoramic views. It will be about an hour drive, once there you will start with a stroll towards the plaça de Santa Maria.
You will get an interesting introduction to Montserrat with an audiovisual, walk along the small market with local produce where you can taste some mel i mató (fresh cheese with honey). It will be the perfect moment to enjoy some free time and explore the mountain, you can even take the funicular to Sant Joan chapel which has some privileged views.
At the Montserrat Museum you will see works by Picasso, Dalí, El Greco, and many other collections including archeological pieces from the Ancient World to vanguard art. You will continue with the guided visit to the Monastery and the Basilica, where you will have direct access to see the Black Madonna from a close up, and even enter the Sacristy, normally closed to the public.
Finally, the best of all, you will experience one of the most spiritual and mystical moments of the day, with the prayer of the Vespres, sung by the monks and the Escolania, the Boys’ Choir in Montserrat, where you will enjoy the magical atmosphere created and the marvelous acoustics in the interior of the Basilica.
Itinerary and Notes:
Barcelona > Parc Natural de Montserrat > Sanctuary > Audiovisual > fresh cheese tasting (mató) > free time > discount for the funicular to Sant Joan chapel > guided visit > Basilica > Black Madonna > exclusive entrance to the Sacristy > prayer of the Vespres sung by the Escolania > return to Barcelona.
- This is a bilingual tour, the guide will combine English and Spanish.
- Silence must be kept inside the church so the guide will give all the explanations outside.
- Dress a bit warmer for Montserrat, it is colder than the city.
- This tour involves some walking so wear comfortable shoes.
- The choir in the evening includes the children (Escolania) on Monday and Wednesday. On Friday, July, August and other school holidays the evening mass is sung exclusively by the monks.
What is included?
- Specialized guide
- Spacious bus
- Visit to the interactive exhibition about Montserrat and its significance
- Fresh cheese tasting (mató)
- Entrance to the basilica
- Entrance fee to the museum of Montserrat.
- Discount for the funicular to Sant Joan chapel.
- Listening to the prayers of the Vespres sung by the Escolania, the Boys’ Choir.
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email. (Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Show it at the meeting point at Plaça Catalunya (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.