Montserrat & Hiking Experience
Montserrat – Located lovely in the heart of Catalonia is always worth a visit! This Tour provides a huge cultural experience visiting the Monastery, home of the patron saint of Catalonia, as well as a stunning nature experience with an hour hike through the Natural Park including magnificent panoramic views.
Montserrat is a lush mountain located in the heart of Catalonia, which has become an icon of this incredible land.
It is characterized by their surprising oval shape, the ancient monastery and the Black Virgin of Montserrat: La Moreneta.
You will depart from the centre of Barcelona by car or van to the Abbey of Montserrat where you can admire this monumental Monastery in the middle of the mountain.
Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed of unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 150 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (the dark one), who is the patron saint of Catalonia.
Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years. Board a funicular railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna following a trail (soft trekking) with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park.
What is included?
- Private transport from Barcelona
- Visit to the Monastery of Montserrat
- One way ticket for the Sant Joan’s Rack-Railway
- One hour trek around Montserrat Mountain with a specialized mountain guide
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email.
- Show it at the meeting point (Exact details on your voucher).
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!