Vegan, vegetarian or other dietary requirements? We can replace any taste sensation with something appropriate for you! Just let us know in advance.
Evolution of Catalan Gastronomy Tour
Take your taste buds on a delicious adventure through the Catalan Gastronomy! Experience a local tour tailored to your special diet (Vegan, Gluten-free etc)
Come with us as we explore the evolution of Barcelona’s world famous cuisine, tasting the “surf and turf” raw ingredients that first shaped Catalan gastronomy, before savouring the region’s famous traditional delicacies, and then indulging our palates with wonders from the city’s creative tapas scene.
The concept of this tour is to take our guests through the entire evolution of Barcelona cuisine, from the basic ‘surf and turf’ ingredients to favourite regional dishes and then on to avant garde creations of modern Catalan cuisine, pioneered by the Adria brothers and propagated by top chefs throughout the city.
What is included?
- Jamon serrano
- Jamon Iberico, aka the world’s best ham
- Catalan cheese
- Galician cheese
- Manchego cheese
- Spanish olives
- Pam amb tomaquet (the famous Catalan tomato bread, which you will make yourself!)
- Cantabrian anchovies
- Artichokes with Romesco sauce, a delicious tangy Catalan salsa.
- Calamari croquettes, a delicious twist on the usual ham / cheese croquetas
- Beans with truffle, avocado and quail eggs
- Sliced octopus on parmentier foam
- Surprise seasonal dish (creative!)
- Cherry gazpacho
- Fartons, a sugary Spanish pastry
- Homemade vermouth
- Cava, aka Catalan champagne
- Regional wine from a boutique winery
- A brief history of Barcelona’s food supply from medieval times to present
- An understanding of what is meant by surf and turf / mar y muntana and how it shaped local cuisine
- The evolution of Catalan cuisine, from traditional tapas to Adria-inspired creativity and “molecular” cuisine
- Sant Antoni district then and now
- Local stories
- Visit to a local market
- Making your own pan amb tomaquet (tomato) bread, a simple dish that is the pride of Catalonia
- Drinking from a traditional porron (be careful not to spill any!)
- Visit to a family owned artisan store
- See the monastery that supplied Barcelona’s fresh produce in medieval times
- Watch cooking from an open kitchen
How to book this?
- Right after booking you will receive a voucher via email. (Click here for a 1 min video of our booking process.)
- Please print it or show it on your mobile phone at :Outside La Confiteria cafe, Carrer de Sant Pau 128.
- Free cancellation until 48h before the start time. Just send us an email and we will refund you – no questions asked!