How to get around Barcelona?
Barcelona is a compact city whose historic center you can explore perfectly by bicycle or even on your feet. In the narrow lanes of the Gothic Quarter a guide is definitely much more helpful than motorised transport.
On top of that, Barcelona offers a lot of attractions in its vicinity, that are worth a visit. If you have got enough time and you do not mind searching and waiting for buses, you will get to most places by public transport as well.
If you prefer to explore Catalonia more conveniently, choose you own transport like a scooter, a rental car, a private transfer or tour or join us on a public guided tour.
The best things to see around Barcelona
These are the most popular things to see and visit around Barcelona. Depending on your interests, you will probably have some further favourites.
To get inspired please also take a look at our Barcelona sightseeing section and at our photo and video pages.
- Dali's Museum in Figueres and his castle in Pubol
- the sacred mountain of Montserrat
- the vineyards and Cava cellars in the Penedes
- the bustling beach-town of Sitges
- the beautiful beaches of Costa Brava
- the quiet lakes and valleys of the Catalan Pyrenees
- the local Barcelonin's ski resort of La Molina